Friday, August 23, 2013

What do you call those huge shade things on the beach that have four long poles and a tent like roof?

beach tents
 on Beach Tent/Automatic Tents, Made of 190T Polyester and PU 400mm on ...
beach tents image



firefly


I've searched under beach tent and beach cabana and neither one seem to be what they're called because I can't find them.

They fit many people underneath, they have a long pole on four corners, probably like 8 feet high or so and then at the top there is a square or rectangle tent-material-like shade covering. I've seen people using them on many beaches but can't even find one online. Help!



Answer
I don't know about what they call them in America but they are called gazebos in England

What is there to do in Cape May with a baby?




kaylee2707


Besides the beach of course. I'll be going this summer with my then 1 yr old son and am looking for ideas. Also, are beach tents allowed there? I was only there once, a few years ago, and don't remember seeing any.


Answer
North of Cape May are either Wildwood or Ocean City, NJ. Both towns have great boardwalks. There are some kiddie rides that you could go on with your son (an elevated train, for example, in OCNJ). Treat your son to some Rita's Water Ice, too (yummy!).

The Cape May Zoo is a nice treat for kids, too.

Regarding beach tents: I'm not aware of restrictions, but you could contact the Cape May Chamber of Commerce to be sure.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What do you call those huge shade things on the beach that have four long poles and a tent like roof?
Rating: 95% based on 9878 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment