Monday, May 19, 2014

do people in Australia have to be careful of spiders?

Q. I would love to go to Australia but I am afraid of spiders. Do people in Australia have to shake out there clothes, bedsheets, shoes, ect. before getting into them? Do they have to survey there couches before sitting on them? I just want to make sure that if I go there, I don't have to walk on pins and needles. If I went to the beach, would I need to wear sandals the whole time? Also what is the best city for having the least amount of spiders? I would love to live in perth. Any answers, hopefully in detail, would be very appreciated. Thank you to whomever answers this question.


Answer
I've lived in Sydney for 8 years and never seen a Sydney funnel-web spider. I've seen a few redbacks, which is a small spider in the black widow family, but you'd have to be pretty unlucky to get bitten. They prefer wood piles outside, somewhere sheltered. These are the only two potentially deadly spiders but I'd be more worried about getting hit by lightning or dying in a car accident.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: do people in Australia have to be careful of spiders?
Rating: 95% based on 9878 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment