Monday, June 9, 2014

Bad animal shelters in Palm Beach Florida?




Kathy


I am an absolute animal lover. I want to help save animals that need me but I need some information.
My family and I are hoping to be able to go to animal shelters that mistreat the animals and adopt the ones that are going to be euthanized. I am 17 but I would do most of the work for the animals which is fine with me because I love them so much and because I do school online so I am home all day. I was wondering if I would be allowed to save the animals from being euthanized and then have people adopt them from me. I am not sure how this works so I am doing research before we start doing anything. We hope to move in the next few months and hope to buy a home that has a lot of land for the dogs to run around and a house big enough for the cats to roam comfortably.
We are not rich by any means but I am willing to ask for donations and get a job to help the animals. Do we need to become a non-profit animal shelter legally or can we just save the animals and then have people get them from us?
I also need to know of bad animal shelters in Palm Beach County Florida or near there that I can save the animals from because I know that those animals are going to be the ones that need me the most.

Once I get the animals, if I am allowed to have people adopt them from me, we have a family friend who knows everyone in the city and would help us get loving families to adopt them from us.

One last question: Do you know of any ideas of where I could ask for donations? Can I just ask anywhere and in front of any store or do I need to ask the manager first?

I know that this is a long question but if you guys could help me out with this information I would very much appreciate it and the animals that I save would appreciate it also.

Please help because I am doing research but it is hard to find the info that I need.
Thank you so much for answering the question!
P.S. We would save cats and dogs.



Answer
Wow! You soud like such an amazing inspirational person! The fact that you want to help all these animals in need is brilliant. It's great that you have your parents support in this project as well.

I'm not sure about the legal side of things, but advertizing-wise you could set up a business page on Facebook. Since so many people are on that, you're sure to find some interest. Out of courtesy I would ask the manager of any shop if you could maybe pin up some flyers on a noticeboard or something in the shop. Try setting up a website or blog to talk about your intentions and goals to save the animals and try to get support this way. Once you have it all set up, you could even document the animals progress and stuff, with pictures of who has been adopted and who is in need of adoption. This is a great way to interact with your supporters should this become a major thing.

Posting flyers through people doors, sticking them wherever yu can, parks, on trees haha. ANYWHERE! Also, maybe you could do some fundraising events to raise money and awareness of your project, like parties, cake sales, see if you coud set up a stand in a supermarket or shopping centre or something.

Don't forget though, these animals are going to take up a lot of time, energy and money!!! Think of all the foods, toys, vet bills should anyything happens to an unadopted one, etc. I know you have probably thought of all this, but I feel I've gotta say it haha.

Anyway, all the best!!! I hope I have been some help and really hope this all works out for you! It sounds amaaaazinggg!!!!

Does somebody know any animal shelter in Virginia where you could do community service and your under 16?




sunshine





Answer
All of the animal shelter and rescue places around here, Los Angeles/Long Beach, have volunteer jobs people under 16 can do. They even have a bunny shelter that allows young kids to help. But some places won't allow anyone under 18 to walk the dogs.

Hope you find something!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Bad animal shelters in Palm Beach Florida?
Rating: 95% based on 9878 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment