Friday, June 6, 2014

Help with a calculus problem please!?




tahoe.girl


There's a problem on my calculus homework I don't know how to do and would really appreciate some help!
"A canvas shelter for the beach ahs two square sides, a rectangular back, and a rectangular top. Suppose that 96 square feet of canvas are to be used. Find the dimensions of the shelter for which the volume is maximized."

I realize that people usually aren't that into doing other's homework for them, but if someone would at least point me in the right direction or tell me what I need to do I'd really appreciate it.



Answer
Let x be the length and y be the width. and height
Volume= xy^2
Surface area = 2xy+2y^2=96
2xy =96-2y^2
x=(96-2y^2) / 2y
x= 48/y -y

Volume = (48/y-y)y^2
Volume = 48y -y^3
V=48y-y^3
differentiate with respect to y
dV/dy = 48-3y^2=0
3y^2=48
y^2-16
y=4 --- height and width
x = 48 / y - y = 48 / 4 - 4 = 8 -- length

The dimensions are length 8, width 4, height 4

d^2V/dy^2 =-6y = -6(4)=-24 < 0, so V is maximized.

How do you get inspiration? What inspires you? Give me some suggestions on what to paint..?




Inga


Basically I just want the above questions. From where do you (as artists) draw your inspiration? What helps an artist get out of a creative dry spell? Hypothetically, if I have a set of acrylic paints and a blank canvas before me, what would come to your mind to tell me to paint?


Answer
choose a place and the type of weather. tropical, futuristic, sunny, snowy, cold, rainy, storm, field, farm, space, galaxy, concert, theatre, museum, monument, exhibition, convention, shop, café, castle, windmill, camping grounds, desert island, underworld, heaven, graveyard, under the sea, underground city, village, modern city, countryside, shelter, road, show, carnival, fair, desert, school, business building, house, mansion, cottage, shed, greenhouse, garden, public garden, bath house, spa, hotel, hostel, beach, boat, car, train, plane, bus, cabin, a cave, a shipwreck, an amusement park, a child centre, a harbour, town, shopping central, the sky, swimming pool, skiing ground, ruins, temples, pyramids, party, strange world, war ground, a hall, an empty room, a church, a forest, a motorway, a street, a road, an avenue, an aquarium, a zoo, a jungle, a college, an art studio, a hospital, a jail, a police station, an antique store.
Then a person or animal or a creature. If you are a true artist once you've started drawing your background you might have a character basis. Mind you all artists have different opinions and thoughts. Hope this helps.
Ideas for people-
farmer, bus driver, fashionetta, fireman, policeman, zombie, ghost, marie antoinette style.
Or scrap that. Think of characters from films and books you like and base your character around them. Or you could draw shadows, shadow like people, just sillhouettes. I get my inspiration from films, books, day trips. Anything really. I even got inspiration while drinking a cup of coffee




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Help with a calculus problem please!?
Rating: 95% based on 9878 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment