Thursday, June 5, 2014

Should I evacuate my house in staten island I live right near historic richmond for hurricane Irene?




Luke


plz help fast


Answer
I also live on Staten Island, and I went online and went to the Staten Island Evacuation Shelters, here is the link:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Hurricane-Evacuations-Hurricane-Shelters-Emergency-New-York-New-Jersey-128479438.html
.

Also, since you are in Richmondtown you should be safe, it is the people who live near the beach like I do that have to evacuate. If you live below Hylan Blvd, then figure you should go to a safe place. If your home regularly floods in heavy rains, then maybe you might want to go, too.

Here is the list of Evacuation Zones for Staten Island:

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/08/are_you_in_a_staten_island_eva.html

what is there to do on shelter island, long island, ny?




stargazeng


I would be taking the ferry..what is there to do there? I hear you can look at houses and that there is a museum and lots of restuarants. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.


Answer
There is basicly not much to do there. If you are staying the night i would check out the bar at Sunset Beach, it is the only large bar and scene on Shelter Island. There are a few art gallery's and a small musem or two. Othe rtahn that you can rent a bike and go on a bike ride around the island or goto crescent beach which is across the street from the Sunset Beach Resort and hang in the beach, i think they have volley ball nets up too. The best reason to go to Shelter Island is Commander Cody's Ribs and fried chciken,. I have traveled the entire countyr and have not had ribs and fried chciken as good as he makes it . He is crazy and you may need to call ahead to make sure he is cooking but it is worth the 2+hr trip from NYC. there is no good shopping and only 1 or 2 other restaraunts worth going to(vVne St., French very good) hope that helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I evacuate my house in staten island I live right near historic richmond for hurricane Irene?
Rating: 95% based on 9878 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment