Saturday, June 21, 2014

Question on Beach Tent/Shelter?




Woon


Hi, I am thinking of getting a beach tent for a day on the beach. Let me tell you what I need and then proceed with the question.

I want something that has a high sun protection rating and portable. They should be easy to setup and and can fit two adults. Preferably can shade the entire body when the adults lie down.

It is only for my wife and I to be sheltered for a couple of hours, we are not going to spend the night at the beach or anything.

I looked online and many of the models promises very easy setups. However, they looked light and flimsy.

Does beach tents get blown away easily? must I use tent pegs to anchor it down? If yes, how could that be easy to setup?

They are some models that have 'pockets' at the side and I am suppose to scoop sand and the weigh it down. Does this actually work? I know sand can heavy but the beach tent's shape acts like a 'catchment' for strong wind...

can someone share. I know this sound like a stupid question. But I grow up in a place without nice beaches so this is new to me.



Answer
You may want look up "Beach Cabana" on google. Here: http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&safe=off&q=beach%20cabana&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf

They are usually light since they expect people to be carrying beach chairs, towels, and coolers. Sitting in the shade will be 100% sun protection, but you still have to watch out for the rays reflecting off the sand. The only way to avoid that is to zip a tent shut and bake inside of it. If it provides shade, you`ll be good.

Yes it`ll blow away if its not weighed down one way or another. Its essentially a kite if you think about it or even a parachute. If you`re laying in it obviously it wont blow away but if you throw a small cooler in the back there shouldnt be any problems. the ones with the "sand pockets" are better than just the regular pegs. The pegs wont hold in the sand.

Are beach tents/sun shelters allowed on the beaches of Galveston TX?




WonderingI


We are heading to Galveston in August and I was wondering if anyone had any information on what beach to go to and if they allow beach tents or sun shelters on the beach. I will be taking my 6 and 4 yr old sons and want to have some kinda shelter for them from the sun.


Answer
Crystal beach is nice.

Here is the tourist information website link:

http://www.bolivarpeninsula.com/home/content/blogcategory/28/68/


And just a ferry ride back into Galveston are these attractions:

Galvestion Island - The Strand, chlitterbahn Water Park, Bishop's Palace, Sea Wolf Park, Stewart Beach, Moody Gardens and IMAX, Mosquito Cafe, Pier 21 Museum on the Galveston Hurricane, The Lone Star Flight Museum, Texas Seaport Museum, Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig and Museum, and the Sea Turtle Exhibit
Enjoy!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Question on Beach Tent/Shelter?
Rating: 95% based on 9878 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment