Wednesday, June 11, 2014

BEACH WEDDING..Any suggestions for invitations, favors, details etc?




*Heather*


We've decided to get married on the beach in Orange Beach Alabama (we live in Alabama) Does/has anyone had a wedding on the beach any helpful hints would be appreciated.

Do you know any good reception venue locations?

Any little details like the flip flop basket is cute any others?

Options to the unity candle and something for loved ones passed?

What about food and drinks?

Entertainment?

Wedding favors?

Bridesmaid and Groomsmen favors?

ANY OTHER IDEAS???

I want this to be beautiful and romantic just like every other bride but I'm artistic and a very tight penny pincher and I can decorate most anything. We've decided that our color is turquoise blue and I'm thinking I want one more color incorporated any ideas?

Basically, any detail any small idea that you have would be moer than appreciated and more than helpful for me! ANY suggestion is very much WELCOMED. Thanks so much guys!! Oh and if it helps we're looking at an early August wedding.



Answer
I had my wedding on the beach. Down here in Florida we have a park with shelters at the beach. We took the picnic tables out from underneath it and set up tables and chairs (our color was turquoise and silver). It wasnt like a normal picnic shelter, it was white and a dome. Anyways for the centerpieces I got heart shaped glasses at walmart for like $1 and white tea lights. Then we went to the beach and picked up shells. We put sand in the glass, then the tea light in the middle, and then the shells around the tea light. Everyone loved them and some guest took them home and use them at parties. If you would like a picture send me a message and I will show you.

We got sand dollars at a local store at the beach (enough for each guest) and wrote their names on the sand dollar and that was our favors (about $1-3 a sand dollar).

My dad took the sand dollars, a centerpiece, our invitation, and a picture from our wedding and set up a cute little area, and everytime we go over to his house it gives us a cute little reminder.

For the bridesmaids I gave them a necklace and earring set from claires for them to wear at our wedding, and it was simple enough that they could wear it again if they wanted to.

Our cake was kinda beachy, instead of using stafish and other things normally used we had our cake decorater using icing to make it look like we had pearls strung around the bottom of the layers of cake. It was simple but beautiful.

For entertainment we just used a DJ but our first dance song was Love Song by 311 which was OUr Song from the beginning (but if you listen to it, it has a reggae beachy sound to it). Oh and you can have a wedding on a tight budget, our was for under $10k with 40 people.

Good Luck on your wedding, I hope its everything you want and more!

Tent Camping on the Beach?




Luo


Has anyone ever camped on the beach?
I am considering taking the kids up to Lake Erie to camp on the beach there.
I don't have a "special" beach tent. I want to use my smaller nylon dome tent.
Will I have trouble with this?



Answer
Do not need any "special tent". We are using a 2 man pop up camping tent(link below) and it work well for beach camping.Wind can and will be a problem. We actuall had one of those canopies get away from us in some high winds at the beach , but that was just a daytime setup. I imagine the wind gets pretty rough there, unless you can get back and out of it somehow. if there{s a lot of night wind the tarps can get pretty noisy. Try to find a sheltered are if there is any. But beach camping is great fun and pretty comfortable. You might need to empty the tent and shake out excess sand every day or two though. Night time may not be so bad though.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: BEACH WEDDING..Any suggestions for invitations, favors, details etc?
Rating: 95% based on 9878 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment