Monday, June 2, 2014

Any suggestions for my daughters 1st. b-day?




Evie


I would like a few ideas on where to celebrate her 1st. b-day, Preferably outdoors in the New York City Area. Any fun ideas for a July party?
I decided Tinkerbell as the theme. Any suggestions on where to do the party in the New York area? I know she will not remember the event but when she grows up she will be able to share the pictures with her children one day.



Answer
You can have the party at a park, a zoo, or at the beach. Or you can have it in the front or back yard of your house, or a relative or friend's house. Be sure that wherever you choose to have the party, that there is a good amount of shade, as it will be sunny and hot. You can buy beach umbrellas, rent an open tent, or if at a park, be sure to arrive early to reserve a spot under some shelter, or in an area with a lot of shade trees.

Have a lot of food and snacks, an ice-chest full of assorted beverages, some good music, and take a lot of pictures. In July, a barbeque comes to mind, as well as fresh fruit. You can have someone artistic in charge of face painting--kids always love that.

Just a couple of side tips: Plan your daughter's party after her nap time. She will be refreshed and full of energy, and you can help her avoid crankiness from becoming tired. I would also suggest keeping the party to immediate family and close friends, as too many people (especially strangers) can be intimidating and overwhelming to such a little one.

I hoped I helped, and I hope it's a great birthday!

What is a small dog good for hiking/ fishing/camping?




anti yuppi


I live in Alaska so I want a small dog that tolerates cold weather so I can take it with me and my Golden Retriever when I go hiking, camping, fishing, clamming, swimming, to the beach, berry picking, or on hunting trips would be great. I want a common breed because I want an adult from the shelter. Any ideas?


Answer
That's pretty easy, since most dogs (if raise doing so) love the great outdoors.

For you, I like the Norwegian Elkhound - Lots of energy, spunky and pretty small (20-40lbs). Nice, think coat, great for the climate. Coat also protects against heat, and would protect from rugged bush on trails.

You also may want to consider terriers. They have lots of energy and they often come in small, yet sturdy, packages.
Skye Terrier
Jack Russel
Fox Terrier
Welsh Terrier

More good options:
Shelties make for excellent adventure side-kicks.
American Eskimo (toy or mini)

I hope you will also check out the local animal shelters or rescues. There are lots, even in Alaska.
Shelter dogs come in all ages from puppy to senior. They are sometimes mixed and sometime purebred, and many of them would love to adventure in the outdoors with you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Any suggestions for my daughters 1st. b-day?
Rating: 95% based on 9878 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment