Monday, June 23, 2014

Tent living in Hawaii?




Questions


I think I'm going to move to Hawaii and live in a tent on the beach for a year or so.

What is the cheapest way to eat?

Am I going to have to pack my tent up every morning and set up every night so it won't get stolen? That will suck.

Will girls date a guy living in a tent? haha

Any other advice?
Also what is the best beach to set up at? I don't want to set up in the middle of an icer beach. I'll probably be in the Hilo area.



Answer
That called being homeless and is illegal. You would be kicked off the beach.

Sleeping on the beach in Hawaii?




suspicious


My husband and I got buddy passes to Hawaii about 6 months ago from one of my husbands friends. Since then I have lost my job and we are running really low on cash. We considered canceling, however we know that if we don't go then we will never get the opportunity to go back. So, to get to my question. One of my husbands friends suggested that we go and just sleep on the beach in a tent. Is that crazy? Does anyone out there done this before? If so any input would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance!
Alright, so after everyone's input of thinking that we are crazy we have decided to stay away from sleeping on the beach and I am now looking into staying at a hostel. I am especially interested in the Banana Beach Hostel in Maui. Has anyone stayed there, or have any input regarding hostels. We have never stayed in one before so I am curious what others think about them.



Answer
There are homeless people living on some of the beaches in Hawaii. Some of them are from families who have been living in the islands for thousands of years, and they are not eager to have company from somewhere else, especially since it's people from somewhere else that introduced this crazy idea of land ownership and bid up the prices to the point that working people can't afford to buy homes in Hawaii anymore.

It's also illegal to sleep on the beach in Hawaii, day or night. So the cops could totally come and harass you. Dragging a tent and sleeping bags on the plane with you would be a real humbug, but if you apply for camping permits in advance, you could camp for five days out of seven.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Tent living in Hawaii?
Rating: 95% based on 9878 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment