Saturday, September 28, 2013

when is it safe to take a baby to the beach?

top beach tents
 on Best Tent for Sale Best Tent Equipment Store
top beach tents image



buddah bel


I have a five month old baby girl and a 9 year old boy. My son really wants to go to the beach this summer and I'd lke to take him. We live about 20 minutes from the ocean and before the baby came along we'd go about once a week. I'm wondering if my little girl is too fragile to be at the beach. My husband is handicapped so i can't leave the baby home with him.


Answer
I think you should go! We took my daughter at an early age and of course she had a ball.
Here's some ideas that will make it safer for them and less stressful for you.
- lather them up in sunblock 30 minutes before you go (don't forget the top of the ears and head.
- put a sun hat/bonnet on them so the sun rays stay out of their eyes and off of their face
- put a lip balm on their lips so they don't burn
- Bring an umbrella or tent so you can lay them down in the shade
-Bring BABY POWDER! I'm sure you know this, but just in case, sand practically falls off with no problem if you sprinkle baby powder on your skin.
-Bring a few bottles of fresh water for drinking and for flushing out eyes just in case they get sand in their eyes.
- Maybe go later in the evening when its not as hot and the sun isn't so bright. (makes great pictures too!)

You all have fun!

When is it okay to take your newborn to the beach?

Q. We bought a mini-tent that provides SPF 30 and plan to go in the early morning when the sun is not so intense.


Answer
We have been taking our newborn since about 2 weeks old...

We have a couple SPF (I don't know what number) umbrellas.

We throw a blanket down on the ground, and a white sheet on top of that. While my big boys are playing, I hang out under the shade and enjoy the sea breeze with the babe--who is now 12 weeks old:)

We go about once a week.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: when is it safe to take a baby to the beach?
Rating: 95% based on 9878 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment