Friday, September 27, 2013

can a person go abroad before he/she is 18yrs old?

long beach youth shelter
 on images of walk in the park on 101 freeway city council says yes ...
long beach youth shelter image



Maliha.


i mean can a person if he/she is not 18 and he/she does not have parents living there..can that person go abroad?


Answer
Yes you can. I think you have to be over 16. Here's a program I recomend:

Rotary Youth Exchange.

Rotary Youth Exchange is one of the oldest and most reconized youth exchange programs in the world.

What's great about it is that within days of just looking into the program, you can make contact with a real person. Rotary clubs are all over the world and in most towns. By entering with the Rotary program, you will have a huge support system behind you making sure all goes well.

It's the cheapest too. Many other programs I looked into cost $10,000. But for me, for 11 months, it's merely $3000. I get room, board, education, transportation, and an allowance. I'll also be plugged into a support system of adults in the area.

Rotary has been around for so long and is highly reconized. They have encounted any problem that could possibly occur and know how to deal with it. In the unlikely case that something were to happen back at your real home, you could go home any day. They are prepared for emergencies.. although they hardly ever happen. You get a open ticket.. which means once you're over there, if somehting were to happen, you could hop on a plane and come home right away.

With Rotary, they don't just send you off and forget about you. You are assigned a counslour in your host country that will make sure all is going well.

You also get three host families... not one. Why is this better? This guarantees that you won't get stuck with a horrible famly for the entire year. You also will experience various aspects of a culture through this.

Some countries, such as Switzerland, will include a language camp before you head to school in your country.

There are connections everywhere... want to go somewhere? They can make it possible. Iceland, New Zeland, Turkey, India, Chile, Switzerland, France... you name it, they probably can get you there.

They take care of everything, insurance, travel tickets.

You will also be introduced to a world wide network of teens just like you! Just yesterday I went on a trip with a bunch of exchange students and exchange-students-to-be. We went on a day trip.. even though I had never met them before, it was one of the best days of my life.

I found myself running through the forest, making shelters on the beach, climbing trees, and playing soccer along with students from Germany, France, Mexico, Turkey, India, and many Americans. It was amazing. Instant connection. Why did we do all this? It wasn't like we had adults directing us to "build shelter now." We were jsut a fun bunch of teens who were all outgoing and wanted to have fun. We also got to ride to the Island which we did the activities on on Rotary owned Yachts... now that was nice. And since the owners were Rotary members, they were friendly and even let us drive the boat and make pyramids on deck while the boat was cruising along.

http://a1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/57/l_6415f154bf054b2000071d36b7e9cd78.jpg
http://a614.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/50/l_a16de184fc49991b782ad3fc320e3185.jpg
http://a106.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/61/l_53170191ca669e30619e67ccc0458d19.jpg


I have heard of AFS from many people, and it is highly reconized and quality service. The only reason why I didn't choose it was due to the high costs and the aspect that I only got one host family. I liked the support system and history that Rotary had to offer.

I would highly recommend Rotary for all that it has to offer...

http://www.rotary.org/programs/youth_ex/index.html

~~ When you were a kid did you ever bring home treats for your mom , like salamanders , tad poles OR frogs ?




Dizz


Did it drive your parents crazy ? lol

Have a good evening , friends
D :)



Answer
That's kid stuff!

I would bring home grass snakes to play with from the beach. Cute little wigglers about 6 inches long each and a lovely shade of green. I can remember my Aunt gong nutsoid over a garden snake and chopping it into pieces with a shovel. I felt bad for the snake, yes, but it was the first time I had ever seen my gentle soft-spoken Aunt turn into a murder machine!

I brought home a baby woodpecker when I was 12. It had "fallen out of it's nest". I realise now that it was probably just being taught how to fly the "tough love" way! My Mom told me I had to take it back and I did. Put it back into the bracken at the base of it's own tree--scolded by Momma dear the whole time! I watched long enough to see that she was going to "take care of" her baby despite my interference!

There was a nest of jackrabbits in the lettuce patch. Watched them for three days (they were real small) waiting for their Mom who never showed up. Finally boxed them up and took them to a rescue shelter for wild animals.

A neighbour dragged home two really cute raccoon babies when I was about 14. She wanted to "keep them". After I finished giving her heck for removing them from their nest, she explained that she had been watching the babies for days and their Momma never showed. Finally the babies ventured out and came to HER to try to get fed! I talked her into allowing them to go to the rescue shelter for wild animals as well.

When I was 16 I raised a baby Robin from speckled youth to adulthood. The neighbour boy and his friend were trying to kill it by pelting it with stones. I told them I would be pelting THEM with stones if they didn't take off right then, and they did. (Me and that kid had a history that included him trying to rob a convenience store at 12 years of age -- I was 14 -- and my stopping him and his friend from doing that, plus making them clean up the mess they had made with the shelves and the produce before I arrived. Took proving to him that I had faster moves than him and would hurt him without thinking about it to get him to cooperate, but it worked!) "Robbie" grew to be a quite accomplished flyer taking off and flying around the front yard while I stood there encouraging her. I even taught her how to grub in the grass for her own insects for dinner... She left us one day in early fall. Just kept on flying farther and farther away until she didn't come back anymore.

I have pretty much stuck to domesticated animals otherwise.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: can a person go abroad before he/she is 18yrs old?
Rating: 95% based on 9878 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment