Saturday, January 4, 2014

are camping tents allowed in new york city beaches?

zip up beach tents
 on ... about NALU MONODOME beach ZIP UP SHELTER tent wind bivvi by Nalu 7376
zip up beach tents image



whataboutm


I bought a camping tent, the zip up kind and I was just wonderin can I put it up and chill in it while I'm at the beach or at a park like central park??


Answer
Can I just ask why you'd go to the beach and put up a tent? Seems like that kinda defeats the purpose of why you go to the beach.

Soon I will be going on my first camping trip! Can anyone give some tips/pointers on what to take with me?




Aerial


Other than a tent, food, clothing, etc what else should I take with me so that I don't forget something and then end up stranded in the woods?
I do know that the place we're going has bathrooms and showers provided, but everything else is on us...
there is a small beach type thing there too...
oh and if you know a good tent that you recommend I buy that would be great too...
thanks in advance!
oh, and I'm camping for a weekend in august, it will be from friday to monday.



Answer
You didn't indicate if your backpacking, car camping or going by boat. I'm going to assume car camping, as that's what most people do and with there being bathrooms and showers available, I think it's a fair guess.

If your getting this tent for yourself, I'd get a two man tent (three man is better). You need room for your gear and for living (such as sleeping and changing clothes).

If it rains and you have to stay in your tent, you want to make sure your not claustrophobic. This also gives you the room, to invite 1 or 2 people in for a game of cards or whatever. The size difference between a one man and two man tent isn't very much.

I prefer a dome tent for beginners, as their easy to put up and care for. I've camped for a long time and I have a couple different dome tents I like. The other reason I like dome tents is because, you have some vertical wall space. In an A frame tent you don't have any vertical wall space.

Later on if you decide you really like camping, then I'd progress to a more expensive cabin tent. Those are the best, as you can set up cots and tables in those.

This list is what I'd take on my first car camping trip. Later on you may want to delete or add to this list. It's always a good idea on your first few trips, to keep a list of what worked for you and what didn't. That way, next time, you can improve each trip as you progress.

First Aid Kit; any small personal size is fine.

Extra Socks; keep your feet dry, it avoids blisters.

Flip Flops; for use in the public showers.

Flash Light; nothing fancy, cheap disposable is fine.

Light Sticks; the newer chemical light sticks are very bright and light in weight. You can hang it from the top of your tent and light it up for 6 hours, with no danger of burning down your tent.

Bug Spray; Off Deep Woods is great

Bic Lighter or Water Proof Matches; use is obvious

Toilet Paper; keep in a gallon zip lock bag, needs to be dry.

Light Sleeping Bag; 3 season type is what you want

Foam Pad; sleeping bag on rocks = bad night sleeping

Light Jacket; even in August it can get cold at night

Toiletry Caddy; need something to hang your soap, etc while using the facilities, they dont always have shelves to put your stuff on. Include a smal bungee cord in the kit to help hang it.

Sun Block; use is obvious

Lysol Spray; in case the public facilities are sub par.

Multi-tool; these are handy knife, file, tool combos to have on hand

Whistle; in case you need to signal, can be heard farther than a person yelling.

Repair Kit for tent; you can buy a kit or do what I do, use duct (duck) tape.

Survival Kit; nothing fancy or expensive, you can find one for about $10.

Baby wipes; nice for quick clean ups

Thats about it, you should get a book on camping. The book "Simple Tent Camping" by Zora and David Aiken is a great book for begineers, it's published by McGraw Hill it's about $15.00.

I'm not going to suggest you get a compass, because if you don't know how to use it, you'll get yourself in trouble.

I assume you'll be hiking on well established trails, so a compass is unnecessary. If you do get lost the best advice is, do nothing, stay where your at and wait for help ( remember the whistle?). The people that plunge ahead looking for help are the one's you read about in the paper.

Sorry this is so long, I hope this was helpful. Drop me an email if you have questions. ;o)

Heres a link that may help.

http://www.camping-tips.com/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: are camping tents allowed in new york city beaches?
Rating: 95% based on 9878 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment