Wednesday, January 8, 2014

How long is too long in the sun for six month old?

best beach tents for babies
 on ... skin from the sun's harmful rays...thanks to today's baby beach tents
best beach tents for babies image



Megan R


We are taking our six month old to the beach next week and I have baby sunblock, a hat and a baby tent with SPF 35 to set up, but how long should we stay at the beach I don't want to expose him to the sun too long. Any other suggestions of things I may need to bring to make the trip more enjoyable for everyone.


Answer
I haven't used them, but Huggies has these little stickers to judge the amount of UV rays the baby is being exposed to. They change color as they absorb more UV rays.

Depending on the temperment of your baby, I would only stay a couple of hours, if that. There isn't a whole lot for a baby to do at the beach. They can play in the sand, make sure to watch for rubbing eyes with sand covered hands! Same with the salt water. My year old only lasts for a couple of hours.

When can I take my newborn to the beach?




*Aleiha's


I will talk to the doctor on Wednesday at the 2 week check up. Can I take a 2.5 week old to the beach for an hour? I would put sunscreen on an keep her in on of those baby shade tents and keep her well hydrated. We live in Florida on the golf. I would not take her into the water yet.


Answer
I dont see how you wouldnt be able too. As long as you keep her under shade and frequently put sun screen on her and keep her well hydrated I think she would be fine. Just keep her out of the sun.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How long is too long in the sun for six month old?
Rating: 95% based on 9878 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment