Thursday, January 16, 2014

How do I keep baby out of the sun at the beach?

beach shade tent ebay
 on ... Up Cabana Beach Shelter Infant Sand Tent Sun Shade Outdoor UV | eBay
beach shade tent ebay image



Sara S


Now that the baby summer stuff is going up for sale on ebay and local sales, I started thinking about the coming up summer (sigh). My baby is 4 months right now, and I've purchased a rash gaurd and baby sunscreen already, but I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of any great products that can help me keep the direct sun and bugs off of him when we go to thebeach this summer (we go alot, and I'm looking forward to getting outside with the baby) Or if you have any hints on bringing a baby to the beach, I'd appreciate them. I've seen little domed screen things that you can zip the baby in, they're kind of like a small play pen, but I think mine will be too big by the summer time.

I know I could get an umbrella, but that's not really doable in my area, they don't allow them on most beaches, and the shaded spots always fill up right away. I'm just thinking about all the new hazards (sand in eyes, sunburn, other kids, ahhhh can't wait)

I appreciate any advice from other parents, I will do a best answer as long as no one says "bring an umbrella" JK



Answer
Can you get a popup shelter? This may sound silly, but they have them for pets. It folds flat but then pops up into a cube. It might take some fiddling but you could cut the fabric on the sides so you can get to him but keep the top intact for shade. They're nylon so they're pretty sand and moisture proof.
Just found one for babies, here's the link to one on eBay so you can see it. http://cgi.ebay.com/Sun-Smarties-Infant-Beach-Cabana-Tent-GREAT-CONDITION_W0QQitemZ120378916326QQihZ002QQcategoryZ117033QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
What do they allow on your beaches? Could you use two chairs and drape a beach towel between them as long as his fingers didn't get pinched.
The only other thing I'd suggest is make sure he keeps a hat on to shade his eyes.
Hope your little guy has fun.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I keep baby out of the sun at the beach?
Rating: 95% based on 9878 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment