Saturday, January 4, 2014

What is your favorite Hawaiian Island to live at and why?

beach at shelter island
 on Sunset Beach (Shelter Island Heights, USA) | Expedia
beach at shelter island image



Nani Girl


Personally, I love Maui. Not only because it is my home, but because it is the right size and has a lot of diverse landscapes. We have the rainforest, volcanoe crater, wetlands, valleys, and mountains, and white sand and black sand beaches. And it only takes 2 &1/2 hours at the most to get to places. I wouldn't say it is too overcrowded yet. And we have just enough tourists for locals to live on a comfortable income.


Answer
I live on all the islands but I do love Maui I only like Hana that is the magic area. I really didnât like the rest of the island well north shore of Maui is alright it was way to humid and dry for me, I live there for like 4 months but the cost of gas prices and groceries wow. I am very lucky and fortunate to live in Oahu now, There is so much to do, Am lucky enough to live on the tropical side of Oahu. And the reason why I like Oahu so much is,
If I feel like city life and the mood to go shopping I go down south. If I feel like dessert side and want to motorcross I go west, if I want tropical and surf I go north. I love pipeline. If I feel like mountainside go east and there is shopping there to. I can go to the movie theater for a $1.00 at restaurant row, I know where are all the best hidden local spots and snorkel spots are and there is a best buy here I have access to any electronic CD or DVD I want. If my car breaks down they have the best bus transportation. There are plenty of jobs here and if I need to get away from the crowds I can always go see any island I want for 20.00 and I get free shelter cuz I have friends all over the islands. When I get bored of the islands I go to California and go to magic mountain and Disneyland. And sometimes to Colorado to snowboard. But every island does have there own beauty. I am going to move away from the islands one day I am planning on moving to Cape Town South Africa.

Are there any calm beaches near the north shore in the winter months?




Steve


Staying at Turtle Bay... I know the waves there will be big, wondering the closest beach thats good for swimming, with low waves. I will have a car so can drive a bit. Any suggestions?


Answer
Malaekahana State Park is sheltered by an outer reef so it is usually very calm. It has a beautiful beach (see the URL below) which has very few people. I was just there several days ago and it was great. Goat Island is about 200 feet offshore and has two small secluded beaches. The water is shallow enough to wade out to.

http://www.hawaiigaga.com/oahu/beaches/malaekahana-state-park.aspx

When you drive in to the parking area go all the way to the end then walk out of the end of the parking lot. There is a bathroom and a lot of picnic tables. Just beyond those is a long beach.

You can do a Google Images search for "Malaekahana" and get many more pictures.

Shark's Cove has a very sheltered area for snorkeling but the water is only about three feet deep. The open area of the cove gets large waves in the winter and can be dangerous.

Check with the concierge at Turtle Bay for more up-to-date information.

------------------------
January 23, 2010 UPDATE
To show you how variable the surf is in the winter, this morning the surf is down. Sunset Beach is 2 - 3 feet. Pipeline is 1 - 3 feet. The Volcom Pipeline Pro surf meet was cancelled. This means you can basically swim anyplace. Again, check with the concierge at the hotel for the latest conditions.

Also, when you get to the beach, look for the lifeguard towers. Ask what the conditions are and if there are any problems. Sometimes there can be currents that are not obvious.
http://www.surfnewsnetwork.com/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is your favorite Hawaiian Island to live at and why?
Rating: 95% based on 9878 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment