Friday, January 3, 2014

beach naps with toddler?

beach tent spf 50
 on Pop-Up Beach Shelter | Shop home | Kaboodle
beach tent spf 50 image



Sexy Ma


when you go to the beach with your toddler...do you bring a pop up tent for them to sleep in or just put them under a beach umbrella on a towel? I am trying to find the easiet way for my 2 yr old son as i go to the beach often with him alone


Answer
We use an SPF-50 pop-up tent and it is a life-saver. It folds down compactly and fits in our beach bag but is still big enough for our 2 children and one adult to fit in. If it is nap-time, I lay a towel or blanket in the tent and zip the mesh door shut. Sometimes I lay a towel or blanket over top of the tent for added darkness and privacy. I think my kids sleep better if they don't have as much stimulation. What child would want to nap when they can see other kids running around having fun?! :)
Oh, and I also agree with investing in a pull-behind carry-all. They are so helpful, especially when you take the child(ren) by yourself.

Must-haves for the beach with 9 month old?




Tennessee


My baby will be 9 months old when we visit the beach (Florida) in a couple of weeks. Me and my husband are used to the beach since we go once a year but my little boy's never been. What are some must-haves that I'm not thinking of? I've thought about getting a little tent but what else besides diapers, food, and the everyday stuff? It's an 8 hour drive and we're luckily staying in a townhome right on the beach so we'll atleast be within a few feet of our back door.
Oh yeah, and he's not even close to crawling. Just incase that added any details.
Where do you find spf100? The highest I've found is spf 70.



Answer
I bring my 14 month old to the beach at least once a week, so I have this whole thing down packed lol...

~Sunscreen - You do not need anything higher than an 50SPF, not sure if you have ever read into sunscreen but the rating has nothing to do with the protection. I use Banana Boat Kids SPF 50, I apply it every 45 mins - 1hr.
~Sun Hat
~Sand toys
~Swim diapers
~Change of clothes
~Swim shorts
~Swimming shirt (if you want the extra protection)
~Floatie for the water - They make type just for babies, they have little leg holes in them just like a jumperoo, very inexpensive, around $10.
~Baby powder - Not sure if you have heard of the most amazing baby/sand trick ever but....right before leaving the beach, dry baby off and cover their sandy areas with baby powder, wipe the powder off and the sand comes with it!!
~Snacks
~Formula/Breastmilk
~Water

Have fun!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: beach naps with toddler?
Rating: 95% based on 9878 ratings. 4,5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment